Friday, August 10, 2012

Mini Classroom Projects

Yesterday I decided to change my centers board. I think craft sticks with the students' numbers on them will be easier to manage than name labels.  I will assign each student a number at the beginning of the school year.  The numbers will be used for many things, including line order, my grade book, a couple filing systems, etc.  Student numbers make my life a lot easier.

So anyway, for centers, they have three craft sticks with their numbers on them (one purple, one green, and one blue).  I put their craft sticks at the center they're supposed to go to for each rotation. There are three rotations total.  I'll have the students take note of which centers they have each morning, before we start them.  The center cards are attached with velcro, so I can switch them out.  I'm thinking about using this for math groups too.  (I know some numbers numbers in the picture are at the same center more than once; this won't happen when I actually use the board with my class.  I just wanted to see what it would like like with all the craft sticks.)  I guess this project was a little bigger than a mini, but the rest are minis.


I used Amy Lemon's minute labels to put around my clock!  The colored paper I used matches my library buckets.


I also printed these pencil basket labels from Finally in First's Blog.  I copied Jenn from Finally in First, and bought the little black bins from Target's dollar section.  I like how these bins hold a TON of pencils.  I won't ever have to stop and sharpen more pencils during the day.


To the right of my counter you'll find another mini project.  I labeled my graded work and Thursday folder baskets with Poppin' Patterns stickers.  I love how they turned out!


I also organized my desk area this week!  Here are some close up pictures.




I'm going to work on a Boggle Board and a magnetic "Where Are You?" board this weekend.  I'll post pictures when I'm finished. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love all your shelf space! I downloaded those same clock numbers...I keep forgetting to print them...I have teacher brain...okay, teachergettingreadyforbacktoschool brain :)


    ~ Mizz J
    Apple Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mizz! I have teacher brain right now too!!

      Delete
  2. Kelly, I love your organization!!! Your room looks fabulous!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and now I am your latest follower too!!!
    Rita
    ...and remember ...always stay 'Wild About School!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas and an awesome looking room!I am always curious when I see these pictures, what are the dimensions of your room?

    ReplyDelete