Thursday, July 26, 2012

Classroom Setup - Week One Continued

My classroom has a little more color now!  I still don't have a lot done.  I reorganized my library, and that took a couple of days.  I'm not sure I like my calendar/birthday bulletin board.  First of all, there's a huge wrinkle in the top left corner that I didn't notice until now, and it looks kind of empty and white.  Maybe I need to buy a new Poppin' Patterns calendar from Teacher Heaven tomorrow. :) Maybe this one, or this one!  
  

I made some new labels for my library buckets.  I'm really excited about them!  I'm going to glue them on these Poppin' Patterns cards.


I'm also really excited about this new side table I bought from Target!  I bought it to hold my new bell. :) (The bell is a big enough deal for it's own small table.)  I'm going to use the bell for partner talk/"teach-ok."  That way students will know to stop talking and put their eyes on me when they hear the bell.  I got the idea from Miss Freundlich's Whole Brain Teaching video. She's pretty amazing.  If you haven't seen her videos yet, you need to watch them!!


I won't be able to get back into my classroom until Monday, so that's it for now!


1 comment:

  1. I love your library labels! I like the Whole Brain Teaching. I want to use that in my class this year. I'm your newest follower!

    ~Ashlee

    ReplyDelete