Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blast From the Past - Old Classroom Pictures

I loved seeing Amy and Cara's old classroom pictures, so I thought it would be fun to share mine too!

This picture is from my first year teaching 2nd grade and my first year in a public school. My room was so empty!  I didn't have to buy anything for my classroom when I taught at Primrose, so I was starting from scratch.  I remember walking into my empty room for the first time and wondering if all of the posters and supplies were hiding in my cabinets. Silly me. :)


(2010 - 2011)

I added things to my classroom throughout the year.  The pictures below are from the night before our Valentine's Party.  Please, ignore the construction and butcher paper mess on the counter.


This school closed the next year because of budget cuts, so I was moved to a different school.  Although I really miss my windows and cabinets, I am super blessed to be working with such a fabulous team at my new school!!  




This was my classroom last year.  (2011 - 2012)  


  

I got desks in October!  I don't miss my tables at all!!  I had a challenging class last year, so rows worked best for independent work.  I moved them into groups when the students did partner or group work.


I'm doing things a little differently this year.  I had too many anchor charts floating around last year, so I'm making bulletin boards for all the different subjects.  We'll see how it works out!  :)  Stay tuned for updated pictures from my classroom this week!

1 comment:

  1. Cute classroom pictures! What a challenge it must have been to have tables and not desks that first year!


    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete