Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hello!

So, I've been stalking so many amazing teacher blogs for the past year, and I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start my own!  Hopefully, I can add some fancy graphics and come up with a better blog title one day. :) 

I'm really excited, because I finally get to start working on my classroom tomorrow!  I know it's ridiculous, but I've been obsessing about my room since June...My last day of work before summer vacation was June 1st.  It happens every summer;  I spend hours on my computer looking for new ideas and creating new things to use in my classroom.

I bought a few things at Teacher Heaven and Target last week.  My theme has slowly become Dots on Black and Poppin' Patterns over the past couple of years.  When I first got hired as a second grade teacher, my super sweet uncle sent me a huge box of teacher stuff.  There were a few Poppin' Patterns and Dots on Black items, and I fell in love with them.  So, I've been adding a few new things to the theme each year.  
  

I also got this cute dry erase/speech bubble light from Target.  I'm going to write "emergencies only" on it, so students will know not to interrupt during small math/reading groups while the light is on.


I actually took a picture of it thinking I would find something cheaper or come back and buy it at a later date.  But, let's get real... I'm a shopaholic.  l went back to buy it an hour later.

Well, yay for my first blog post!!  I hope that I can wake up before noon tomorrow, so I can get started early in my classroom.  I'll take some before pictures and share! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment